I. Before Working on the Assignment
1. First, you need to associate your Google account with Canvas to use collaborations. If you have not already done so, please connect your Google account to Canvas:
Important: It is recommended that you use your GoogleSAS account only if you use your sas.upenn.edu email address. If you have your sas.upenn.edu email forwarded to another email address, you must use a personal Google account. You can create a personal Google account by following these instructions:
2. Pick one group member to set up the collaboration in a Google Doc. Once you have decided on someone, they can set up the Google Doc collaboration by clicking Groups > the link for the group (for example: Group 2 1) > Collaborations. Then, that group member will follow these instructions to create the collaboration:
- Please make sure to add the following people to the collaboration:
- Your group member(s)
- Professor Dmochowski
- Emma Johnson
- You might be asked to to confirm your Google account again. If so, please click on the link to do this.
3. The group member setting up the assignment will need to copy and paste the content from the "Assignment Document" file into the Google Doc. To this, open the Assignment Document" file and press the Ctrl and A keys (PC) or Command and C keys (Mac) to copy the document's content. Then, open the Google Doc collaboration and click the Ctrl and A keys (PC) or Command and A keys (Mac) to paste the document's content in to the Google Doc.
Important: The pasted content will lose its formatting, and none of the figures will be copied, so you will need to consult the format and figures in the original "Assignment Document" file to complete the assignment.
II. Working on the Assignment
III. Submitting the Assignment
1. When group members are finished working on the assignment, one of you will need to download it as a Word document or PDF, which you can do by opening the Google Doc and clicking File > Download >Microsoft Word (.docx) or PDF document (.pdf).