What is Canvas?
Canvas is the learning management system (LMS) used by Penn LPS Online.
All Penn LPS Online courses will have a site on the University of Pennsylvania's Canvas learning management system. Canvas will be a key piece of your program experience and might include the syllabus, weekly or topical modules, as well as important interaction and discussion with your peers, TA, and professor.
Navigate to https://canvas.upenn.edu , and log in with your Pennkey and Pennkey password.
Important: You will not be able to log into canvas without your pennkey and password. Your pennkey is all lowercase letters, e.g. bfranklin.
- Powerful online assignment collection: you can turn in files, fill out forms, or even submit Google Docs
- Built-in tools for audio and video recording, media import and podcast distribution
- Real-time collaboration features for document editing, chat and web conferencing
- Notification options: be notified of announcements appointments, and course changes by text message, Facebook, or Twitter.
Top 5 Things Students Should Know About Canvas
1. Set up your Canvas Profile
For a complete guide to Canvas, please refer to Canvas Community's Student Guide.