Setting Your Primary Address in Penn Directory
All students need to have an email address registered in the Penn directory. Many Penn systems will only use the email address that is listed in the Penn Directory.
- If you already have an active email address at Penn (anything ending in upenn.edu), then continue to use that address. You do not need to create a new email account.
- If you do not already have an active Penn email address, then you must create one. Visit Getting Started with SAS Student Email to set up your Penn email address.
- Please note: You need to create your PennKey before you can setup an email address.
- All students should check their entry in the Penn Directory to verify that everything is correctly listed. Please allow 2 days for newly created email address to show up in the Penn Directory. Log into the Penn Directory by clicking the Login button in the upper right corner, then click My Profile to see your listing. Use the Help link to learn how to manage your information in the directory.
Set Your Default Listing
To make your Penn LPS Online email address your default address, follow these steps:
- Go to the Penn Directory.
- Click Update Directory listings and log in with your PennKey credentials.
- Click I Agree on the "Usage Statement - Terms and Conditions" page.
- Click My Profile > Manage Public Profile.
- Click select next to your email listing and add your Penn LPS Online email address.
Need PennKey Help?
If you have any problems resetting your password or need further assistance contact the PennKey administrators at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Adapted with permission from support.wharton.upenn.edu