It is possible to connect to a Zoom meeting by calling in via phone. While this is not the recommended method, since there is no video capability, it can be very convenient for anyone experiencing issues with connecting via the internet.
Joining a Meeting by Phone Only
The below information is from the Zoom Help Center:
- Dial an in-country number. If you dial a toll number, your carrier rates will apply. You can find the numbers on your meeting invitation or a full list of international dial-in numbers at https://zoom.us/zoomconference.
- You will be prompted to enter the meeting ID - the nine (9) or ten (10) digit ID provided to you by the host, followed by #.
- If the meeting has not already started and join before host is not enabled, you will be prompted to enter the host key to start the meeting, or to press # to wait if you are participant.
- You will be prompted to enter your unique participant ID. This only applies if you have joined on the computer or mobile device or are a panelist in a webinar. Press #to skip.
If you join by computer or mobile device later, you can enter the Participant ID to bind your phone and device session together and show your video when you speak on the phone. To enter your participant ID once you are in the meeting, enter #Participant ID# on your phone.
Phone controls for participants
The following commands can be entered via DTMF tones using your phone's dial pad while in a Zoom meeting:
- *6 - Toggle mute/unmute
- *9 - Toggle raise/lower hand